Homeschool Mastery Academy is dedicated to recommending quality resources to benefit homeschooling families. This blog contains and is monetized through sponsored posts and affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure policy for detailed information.
This Online Life Skill Curriculum Will Help Prepare Your Teen For Life
My teenage daughter began babysitting for other families around the age of fourteen, and I vividly recall her sending me a text that I can laugh about now on the day of one of her first jobs. The family she was babysitting for had a pizza delivered, and my poor child had no idea what to do. She was panicking and upset with me for not teaching her how to fill out a receipt properly.
This was a significant moment in my parenting career when I realized I had failed at teaching her a skill she would most definitely need to know. Filling out a credit card or debit card receipt may not seem like a big deal, but it is an essential life skill. Of course, when she came back home that evening, we talked about receipts, debit and credit cards, and leaving tips. But after that, I started to question what other essential life skills we had not covered yet in our homeschool?
Now she is almost seventeen, and we are working on covering everything she might need to know once she leaves home. Like you, I don’t want her to run into too many other unexpected problems and panic like with the pizza delivery receipt! I want her to feel confident in her abilities to adult well.
The problem for me was that there are so many life skills that our children need to know, and I just don’t have the time to create my own curriculum. I need a course or curriculum that covers it all! Once we heard about the Voyage Course from Thrive Academics, we were on our way to adulthood. I am so thankful that I found an online curriculum that works so hard to help prepare my child for what is to come. So, I am beyond excited for you to hear all about it.
Why Use A Life Skill Curriculum?
I know many of you may think that you can teach your children all the life skills they need to know on your own. I probably did too. Until we tried Voyage, I didn’t realize how many life skills I hadn’t thought of or wasn’t covering extensively.
So here are a few reasons you might want to utilize a life skill curriculum instead of doing it on your own:
- The Voyage life skills course will cover things you never even thought of, seriously. Voyage doesn’t just cover the basics of daily living or financial literacy; they help your student with career planning, college planning, and finding out what skill sets your child possesses.
- The curriculum begins with exploring strengths, skills, and purpose to help strategically find out more about themselves and what they plan to do in life.
- Use Voyage as an elective. Voyage is a solid choice for a life skill curriculum and would be perfect as a high school elective for homeschoolers.
- With college and career planning included in the Voyage course, you can combine basic life skills and plan for the future. It’s a two birds and one stone approach.
Voyage Is A Solid Choice For Life Skills In Your Homeschool
My daughter has learned so much through this course from Voyage. It is a comprehensive class, and I am so impressed with everything they thought to include. I sat alongside her for much of it, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t learn a few things myself.
The Voyage life skills course is incredibly affordable, considering all that is covered. Especially the career planning! If you have a high school student that is still undecided about what careers to pursue, this course is perfect for determining skills, interests, and strengths.
Working through the first three modules was eye-opening. I have always wanted my children to pursue their passions, and I am intentional about fostering their interests in the homeschool. I believe that Thrive Academics aligns with that philosophy.
What To Expect With The Voyage Course – Life Skill Curriculum?
- All Online
- 5 Comprehensive Modules of Essential Life Skills & More
- Engaging Lessons That You Can Access On Computer or Tablets
- Encourages Independent Learning
- User Friendly
I hope this gives you a glimpse into the Voyage Life Skills Course with Thrive Academics. It is a quality course that will not disappoint!