MLK Jr Printable Pack: An Engaging Resource to Celebrate the Life of Martin Luther King, Jr.
The third Monday of each January (MLK Jr. Day) is set aside to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. Fighting for equal rights during the 1950s and 60s, Dr. King became one of the most respected and notable civil rights leaders of his time.
Then, during each February in the United States we celebrate the incredible achievements and history of African Americans. (Of course ANY month is a great time to learn about the significant role African Americans play in the history of the US!)
MLK Jr. Printable Pack Includes:
- A Martin Luther King, Jr. word search
- Activity page for students to write what MLK Jr’s dream was in their own words
- The “I Have a Dream” notebook page where students can consider their own dreams
- The “Martin Luther King, Jr. Egg-Speriment”—a simple demonstration activity so kids can understand how alike we are
- A timeline depicting significant dates in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.
You can learn more about MLK Jr. Day and Black History Month using our MLK Jr. Printable Pack along with these resources:
With these resources and our Martin Luther King, Jr. Printable Pack, your elementary age students will explore the life of MLK Jr and consider their own dreams for the future.
Tips & Recommendations
We recommend our MLK Jr. Printable Pack for elementary students.
Don’t forget that all of our printable packs can be reused over and over in your homeschool. If you have multiple students, this is an excellent value for your homeschool family.
Want to use this in a classroom? No problem, snag a classroom license here.