Homeschool Mastery Academy is dedicated to recommending quality resources to benefit homeschooling families. This blog contains and is monetized through sponsored posts and affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure policy for detailed information.
20 Fun And Easy Sewing Projects For Kids To Make
Sewing projects for kids is a wonderful way for them to enjoy hands-on learning. Sewing can improve hand-eye coordination and even boost your emotional well being. Yes, sewing like many crafts can release dopamine in the brain, thus causing us to feel happier. Yay for crafts, right?
But, besides those fantastic benefits, sewing is also a fantastic life skill to possess. Your children can learn to make crafts, clothing, and even repair items for the household.
If you are a homeschooler, you could even create a unit study all about sewing. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
Ideas For A Sewing Unit Study
FREE December Activities CalendarGrab a monthly homeschool calendar on us!
- Check out the history of sewing and sewing machines.
- Learn about various fabrics and textiles.
- Research how a sewing machine operates.
- Learn how to thread a bobbin.
- Plan a field trip to the fabric store. Buy a pattern, have your fabric cut, and find all of the necessary notions.
- Look up the history of fashion and see how women’s clothing changed throughout time.
- Find different hand stitches and practice them.
- Work on cutting out a pattern.
- Create a sewing vocabulary notebook. Store and define sewing terms.
- Research inventors such as Elias Howe and Isaac Singer.
- Grace, Grow & Edify has this affordable printable Beginner’s Guide to Sewing that is a great resource to start with.
- You ARE An Artist has online sewing video lessons for beginners too!
20 Easy Sewing Projects for Kids To Do At Home
- Paper Plate Sun Summer Sewing Craft from iheartcraftythings.com
- Teaching Kids To Hand Sew Buttons & Pillows from thirtyhandmadedays.com
- Sewing For Kids: Button Star Ornaments from redtedart.com
- Stuffed Felt Letters (Sewing Tutorial) from buggyandbuddy.com
- Magical DIY Unicorn Sewing Project For Kid from sugarspiceandglitter.com
- Felt Strawberry Cushion Toy from hellowonderful.co
- Paper Plate Shark Sewing Craft from kidscraftroom.com
- Felt Animal Ornaments For Kids To Sew from redtedart.com
- Carrot Treat Pouch Felt Pattern from easypeasyandfun.com
- Paper Plate Sewing Chick Craft from iheartcraftythings.com
- Simple To Sew Small Pillows from realcoake.com
- Dragon Sock Puppet from kidscraftroom.com
- Easy Sewing With Kids: 30 Minute Drawstring Fabric Backpack from hellowonderful.co
- Craft Foam Sewing Cards from craftsbyamanda.com
- Kid’s Mini Messenger Bag Pattern from crazylittleprojects.com
- Kitty Cat Tote Bag: Easy Beginner Sewing Project For Kids And Cat Lovers from craftsbyamanda.com
- Felt Unicorn Sewing Project from sugarspiceandglitter.com
- DIY Kid’s Art On A Pillow from hellowonderful.co
- Paper Plate Heart Lacing Activity For Kids from happyhooligans.ca
- Paper Plate Heart Sewing Craft from redtedart.com
- DIY Fabric Headband from Grace, Grow & Edify
GRAB A FREE DREAM CATCHER CRAFT PROJECT FROM US HERE